Old 08-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Philip

Default different shredder ways of cutting

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message ...
we had a mountfield quiet shredder that died. And it seemed to be quite good
in chrushing and cutting, but we cannot find another here and I am off to
look about again. I looked at the threads on what you guys seem to have done
ok with. And have gotton that I should try and get a quiet one and as
powerful as I can afford. The AL-KO and Bosch seem to be voted on quite
highly by you all (I was told one is a rebadge of the other and the watt
rating is just diff cos Germany rate it differently to the UK) but I was
confused at the different actions of cutting and what is the benifits of
them.

anything that is good/bad in the different actions?

Did you like the way your Mountfield worked? Did it jam, were the
pieces too big, could it deal with small stuff, how was it on green
stuff. After a jam how much trouble was it to disassemble clear and
reassemble.

Shredders seem to be a bit of a trade off, each has its own
advantages/disadvantages.

I am interested in your reasons for wanting to change shredding style.
You do not appear to have any gripes with the Mountfield (apart from
the fact that it died).