Old 08-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default living fence in the shade???

At library or bookstore, borrow/buy/order a book called "Complete Shade
Gardener" by George Schenk and Peter Loewer. It's amazing. You'll end up
with more than enough ideas for your situation. Matter of fact, you may end
up replanting the entire yard. :-) Paperback, 17.95 at Barnes & Noble.

"Allview" wrote in message
I'd like to put shrubs of some kind along the back lot line. Preferably

ones
that have berries for the birds. I have mulberry trees back there and I

don't
want to cut them down so it is very shady. The only light they might get

would
be coming from the north. Do elderberry bushes need much light? Maybe

I'm
just out of luck hoping to grow things back there.

Marilyn in central Ohio