Old 09-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Phisherman

Default Pond Temp and Duckweed, Azola

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:06:08 -0400, "Heather"
wrote:

My pond temps are still very cool. One pond has 3/4 coverage of duckweed
and the other about 1/4 coverage of azola. Should I remove most of this so
the sun can warm the water better?

Thanks,
Heather

I clear off as much azola as I possibly can with a skimmer. It is
very invasive in my pond. Unfortunately, it grows back covering the
entire pond in 2 weeks. The removed azola, anacharis, and parrot
feather is placed into the compost bin. Goldfish enjoy cool water and
my pond is anywhere from 40 to 70 degrees. What temperature are you
calling "cool?" Be careful Heather, warmer water and sun may cause
algae bloom.