Old 09-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Jim Carlock

Default Tomatoes, corn and more

Thanks Doug,

I sent you an email earlier. I'm not sure if you received. Knowing
how hotmail can be configured, I'm thinking I might need to be
put on your list or somesuch. The email was in regards to the
www.powells.com website.

I have a squash plant that I seeded about a month ago in a pot.
The leaves are starting to wilt. There's a pic at:

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images/garden/

It seemed to need more water. I'm wondering though how long
it can last in a pot. It already looks like it has overgrown the pot.

Also, when I started planting the corn I was under the impression
that there were female seeds and male seeds. But I have one
corn plant by itself that has three or more stalks growing out of
it and it looks like one stalk can make it's own corn grow. :-)
In another area, I have three corn stalks growing, those are partly
shaded and one stalk is only one stalk but is over 6 feet talk. All
three stalks seem to be doing very well.

Is that true ? And if that is true, do most plants grow their own
male and female stalks ? And if that is true for most plants,
then perhaps I should be asking, which plants have male and
female seeds ?

--
Jim
Post replies to the newsgroup.