Old 09-07-2004, 03:03 AM
William W. Plummer

Default Good ground cover needed

Lori Hunt wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to find a good groundcover for a hillside in SE Tennessee.
I have a very steep hillside for a front yard, and I'd like to find
some plant that will grow there and look nice, not require mowing, and
is not kudzu.

I'm considering sweet potato vines, but would be receptive to ideas
for other stuff, too. Low maitenance would be a good thing.

My husband just had an incident with the mower sliding off the
hillside, so we're thinking of alternatives to grass growing there
before he breaks something.

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lori

There are many good ground covers. Pachysandra, bearberry, vinca, sweet
woodruff. I like the woodruff because you can use it for Maiwein --
add to Riesling and add strawberries,in May.