Old 09-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Gail Futoran

Default Roses That Love Heat

"Unique Too" wrote in message
I had just talked my self out of this one and now you go

and post this. The
coloring sounds absolutely wonderful.
Ashdown's description of requiring good culture, along

with a few messages on
GW discusing its lack of BS resistance helped me decide I

didn't need it.

Distant Drums has turned out to be one of these, both
grafted and on its own roots. It thrives on less than
optimal water, too. Just a note for our hot-summer
gardeners.

Let me add a Distant Drums recommendation. I
got one several years ago and since added two
more in different beds. The coloring is wonderful
but the scent is bizarre (can't describe it - sorry),
fortunately not carrying that far.

I haven't noticed any particular BS problems
but I don't usually see that a lot around here.
I do have some roses that get more BS than
others; Distant Drums isn't one of those.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8