Old 09-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Gail Futoran

Default roses are leafing...

"Melodie Bond" wrote
[snip]
You have to understand that we have been desparately

battling grasshoppers.

Ouch!

These guys have stripped our Yaupons completely in past

years. We have lost
shrubs to them. Last year as I watched my roses get eaten

up along with the
leaves on our maple tree, I assumed it was Grasshoppers.

However, the
grasshoppers didn't seem bad this year, but I began

spraying in early spring
before you start seeing the big ones.

Makes sense.

It breaks my heart to spray for them as I knwo that I am

killing off the
large poplulation of praying mantis that we have around

here.

I haven't been able to find an organic solution for

grasshoppers that
doesn't involve me getting some kind of fowl.

Any farmers nearby you could rent a few
chickens from for awhile? I know, dumb idea.
Anyway, good luck.

Gail