Old 09-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Sherman

Default Is any one using washing

"GrampysGurl" wrote in message

PAWe use lots and lots of water to wash cloths- Pay for using the water

and
PAdisposing it. Due to the high price of water in BUTLER COUNTY (OHIO),

I am
PAthinking why not use this water to drain out into flower beds.

A neighbor growing up had a setup where her laundry water would water the

grass
in the yard. She really did have the greenest lawn on the block, I figure
because of the phosphates.

My Mother used a wringer washer and laundry sinks way beyond when folks
could remember having even seen one. She loved it and had the drain hose
fixed to hook up to a hose to water our fruit trees. She only used Ivory
flakes to wash with. Maybe some other things too but I don't remember. The
trees flourished. She might have used it on her rose garden too. She had
very healthy roses. I use my Mother's "recipe" for my rose garden and put
egg shells, coffee grounds and fireplace ashes around them.

Sherman.