Old 09-07-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Japanese knotweed pics

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 05:08:54 -0400, Ann wrote:

expounded:

This year I've resorted to poison - heavy doses of roundup. I think
I've killed most of it. At least its not growing back with its old
resiliency. This stuff takes some stomping on to keep down.

The plant is at its weakest just as it flowers, hit it then, and
you'll get most of it. Then it's just a matter of followup on the
survivors. This is one plant I'll haul out the big guns (round-up)
for.

That's a shame really because its flowering is its only redeeming
feature. It s amazing how many flying insects are crawling over the
plants gathering nectar, many that I've never seen before and can't
identify. Still its gotta go.

Swyck