Old 09-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Glenna Rose

Default Freezing my Zucchini...

writes:
I have zucchini coming out my ears! I'd like to freeze it, but not sure
how
to do this. Do I simply cut it up and freeze it? Or do I need to boil
first? I'll be storing in freezer bags in the freezer, if that makes any
difference.

All help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brigitte

Brigitte,

I read somewhere, maybe here, last year that dried zucchini is good
(sliced thinly). I'm not a zucchini fan but if zucchini chips are good,
I'll grow it. There is one, repeat one, plant at the end of my rhodie
bed. Though it's not in the ideal location, it should produce enough to
let me try it. My family would laugh themselves silly if I were to start
growing the stuff after all the years we tried to avoid being given the
stuff, usually over-grown and not too flavorful (some people don't realize
there is a size opimization to certain squash types).

If you have lots, it's worth a try. :-)

Glenna
with a bumper cucumber crop
this year!