Old 09-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Heather

Default Pond Temp and Duckweed, Azola

Hi:

Temp is around 65. The problem is my water lily won't bloom. I hoped if I
could get the temp up a bit it might trigger some flowers.

The duckweed is less of a problem. I just skim it off the frog pond and
feed it to the GF in the fish pond.

Heather

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I clear off as much azola as I possibly can with a skimmer. It is
very invasive in my pond. Unfortunately, it grows back covering the
entire pond in 2 weeks. The removed azola, anacharis, and parrot
feather is placed into the compost bin. Goldfish enjoy cool water and
my pond is anywhere from 40 to 70 degrees. What temperature are you
calling "cool?" Be careful Heather, warmer water and sun may cause
algae bloom.