Old 09-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Les &/or Claire

Default Apple tree leaf colour change.

Joe McElvenney wrote:
Hi,

I have a three year old Falstaff apple tree that is growing
quite vigourously but the leaves of the new shoots are changing
colour to a light reddish-brown; not dying or falling off, just
changing colour.

According to Dr. Hessayon's book "The Fruit Expert", it might
be short of a mineral or two. Has anybody any ideas on or
experience of this please? He suggests the application of a
foliar spray such as 'Fillip' but I can't say that I've seen any
of this around. Is there perhaps another product name I should be
looking for?

Thanks - Joe

How close are you to the coast? The recent high winds have been carrying
salt inland and scorching leaves.

Les

--
http://www.stuffmongers.com

"Homo sapiens, the first truly free species, is about to decommission
natural selection, the force that made us.... Soon we must look deep
within ourselves and decide what we wish to become." Edward O. Wilson
Consilience, The Unity of Knowledge

Remove frontal lobes to reply from a NG