Old 09-07-2004, 08:02 PM
google4news

Default [IBC] Ilex vomitoria "Schilling's dwarf" Yaupon holly; miniature hedge q's

Thank you, Jim, for all of your advice and comments. I posted the
original here because, when I did a search under Google Groups, the
bonzai group was the only one that I could pull up any answers/topics
on this plant. It sounded like the bonzai group was the most familiar
with this plant.

You gave me a lot of sound advice, and I appreciate it. I will post
my questions about this plant to the general gardening group in the
future.

Thank you for your indepth comments. At this point, based on your
answers, I am not so sure I will keep these hedge plants and will
probably return them. I want what my neighbor has ... but I have been
unable to determine exactly what he has. He says it is a Japanese
boxwood, but the leaves on his plants are not small and round like the
local Japanese boxwood I have seen for sale; instead the leaves on his
are small and serrated, so I need to do some research.

I will take all future questions to the general gardening group ...
thank you!

Take care.