Old 10-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Heather

Default Pond Temp and Duckweed, Azola

My husband has already laid a number of huge trees to rest. To get more
light we would have to practically mow the forest. Sun hits about 9:30 and
leaves about 2:00.

We purchased a few new lilies this spring that are supposed to do well in
part shade. However here in Southern Ontario is has been either cloudy or
raining a lot of the time, and cool. We really don't feel like summer has
arrived yet.

Heather

"Phisherman" wrote in message
news
For a pond, 65 is ideal. If you can get a little more sunlight to the
pond (remove tree branches, etc) your lilies will bloom. I have
three lilies (planted 4 years ago) that have grown out of their pots
and spreading over the pond. They bloom, although not intensely.
Plants will grow better with fish. If you have good lily growth and
at least a couple of hours of sun hitting the lily everyday, have a
little more patience.

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:32:10 -0400, "Heather"
wrote:

Hi:

Temp is around 65. The problem is my water lily won't bloom. I hoped if

could get the temp up a bit it might trigger some flowers.

The duckweed is less of a problem. I just skim it off the frog pond and
feed it to the GF in the fish pond.

Heather