Old 10-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Martin Heames

Default Advice and thoughts please

Hi,
Please could you spare me a moment of your time?

My name is Martin Heames and I have been a full time gardener for nearly
twenty years and the last ten as head gardener. A couple of months ago I was
off work for three months, missing the gardens I started using the internet
to source information suppliers etc for future projects for when I get back
to work. Even though there are alot of fantastic gardening based sites out
there I was amazed at what it took to find these sites. so with this in mind
I started to build a gardening based directory to pass the hours stuck at
home and to improve my website knowledge.

Ok now to the piont, I have added about 1100 links to date and it is growing
every day (my target is 4000 by christmas ) but I feel I need some input
before I go any further.

I would like your thoughts and suggestions on the site good or bad please be
Honest I can take it :-) !!

Some parts of the site is not finished but will be done soon. The site is
not run for profit reasons (however I am affiliated with 'amazon' and
'google' to try and cover my costs)
Site owners can add there links free as long as it is gardening based.

Sorry about the long post but I did not want you guys to think I was just
trying to spam I wanted to explain to you that I am in this for the good of
gardening and gardeners online not the money. (although it would be nice
lol)

I will not place the url to the site here incase I break any spam rules so I
will just say do a google search
for "thegardenspider" and I am at the top of the search.

Before I go if there is a budding writer out there that wants to get some
gardening articles published or anyone who would like to help with the site
please drop me a line.

Thank you for your time and happy gardening,
Martin Heames
www.thegardenspider.com

PS is it me or is it a bad year for impatients? :-(