Old 10-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Bonsai security, anyone do it?

Hi everyone.

snip

So it raised the issue of security.
They are in the back yard, which is fenced, and maybe I am

being paranoid,
but it doesn't really stop any wanderers/peering eyes from

seeing them,
hence stealing them.

snip

wondering
if anyone had security for them. Apart from a dog that is.

Actually, a medium- to large-size dog is probably the simplest
and most effective form of security.

I have a front yard, deep woods in back and 2 pastures, so all of
my trees are in FRONT of my house (of course, we're set back from
the road about 900 feet and can't be seen from the road).

Posted along my drive are 2 signs:

"Doberman Crossing" and "French Bulldog Crossing." Now, no one
in their right mind would be afraid of a French Bulldog (but some
folks are [?]). The Doberman is another issue. She's a patsy,
but no one knows that -- and she barks at strangers in a superb
basso profundo and glares balefully at tradesmen (and women).

Even a smallish dog is often sufficient -- especially if it will
bark at odd noises in the yard.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++