Old 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Bonsai security, anyone do it?

Posted this one to Andrew direct but it bounced :-(

It does pay to give it a lot of thought. It happens to the best

even
with high security. I know that one Italian master has a high

chain
fence and this was breached to steal trees. One British owner

at the
forefront has two Alsations and high fences/intruder alarms and

has
suffered losses in the past. Two members of our 60 strong club

have had
all of their trees stolen. One gave up and the other has

installed as
much security as possible since.

I suppose if you are a "masterclass" bonsaiest you need machine
guns.

I forgot to mention that we also have security lights (and after
bedtime, loud beeps) that are motion activated -- aimed a few
feet off the ground so the raccoons, possums, armadillo, dogs,
and small deer don't set them off -- but those aren't
specifically for the trees but for the general paranoia of the
times.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Many of
whose trees would fit in a pocket.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++