Old 10-07-2004, 08:02 PM
David J Bockman

Default Blank Slate Landscaping Question

Yes, there are alternatives that are much more considerate of the tilth and
aeration of the existing soil. Google 'solarizing soil' or 'solarization'
for great ideas.

Dave

wrote in message
When an area becomes really overgrown (and includes invasives like
Ailanthus and Oriental Bittersweet) is there any real remedy except to
tear it up with a backhoe and start from scratch?

I have an area of my yard that is totally overgrown in yukka
plants,periwinkl, Ailanthus, Oriental Bittersweet, and Wysteria (and a
few others) and I just don't know what to do with it. I haven't yet
acquired the landscaping "vision". Any ideas?

-Chess