Old 10-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Ann

Default Peonies didn't make it this year

expounded:

sigh. I have been taking care of the peonies next door, first for the old man who
has died (with his permission) and then for the people bought the house across the
street. well he started to rehab the house and then stopped. he lets the grass get
long and then came over and whacked the shit out of everything, including whacking
the most gorgeous stand of hollyhock, which was the talk of the neighborhood to the
ground. he also whacked the only beautiful white peony to the ground. will it come
back? Ingrid

It will, Ingrid. I took out a peony I'd waited three years to see
bloom after rescuing it from beneath a yew when I first bought this
house. Husband at the time was trying to pull the yew stump, had a
chain on it, the chain broke and chopped the peony to the ground. It
did come back, took another two years to bloom. GRRRRRRRR.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA