Old 11-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Hoss Spence

Default What's eating my Plum tree leaves in the Northwest

I'm also in the West and have the same problem. Both with a Italian
plum that I've had for 4 years and one I planted this year. The four
your old has never born fruit. I took some leaves to our agri. ext.
service and they said it was a lack of Iron. I bought some concentrate
and fertilized but that has not fixed the problem. I will post a
solution if I come up with one.

EMOVE (Square Foot Gardening) wrote in message ...
Paul, you can look here to try to find the problem.
http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:S-
WhVBUdE58J:http://www.uog.edu/cals/PEOPLE/PUBS/.../EH13900.pdf+%
22attractive+cover,+but+spiny+fruit+can+penetrate+ soft-soled+footwear%22&hl=en
Leaf curling does usually mean fungus, but if it is on a small scale, have you
checked for slugs and snails? I know they can cause leaf curl on low lying
shurbs etc., but I don't know if they would climb the tree. Seems to me it
would scare the little buggers. Here is another site to check
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/pp/ext...ndx.shtml#plum
From: (paul)
Date: 6/16/2004 8:49 PM Pacific Standard Time
I have a plum tree, actually an italian prune tree. I have noticed
that the leafs are starting to curl up. Some of them have little
holes in them. Does anyone know what might be doing this? I could
send a picture if it would help.

Thanks
Paul

GC
Certified Square Foot Gardening Instructor
http://www.squarefootslo.com
Learn to be a freelance web designer http://www.howtofreelance.com