Old 13-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Steve Harris

Default Which Veg to grow in July

In article , (Bob Hobden)
wrote:

I have found we can't grow peas during the height of the summer, too
hot (usually!) so we only grow early peas,

Hessayon recommends Kelvedon Wonder for sowing late June/early July on
the grounds that it has high mildew resistance. So I'm trying some.

My mangetout "Yusaya" are suffering from mildew badly now but they were
stunning. Lovely flowers, nice pods, tried to get to about 8 feet and
started cropping in mid-June and are only just tailing off.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/