Old 13-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Ben Blackmore

Default Compost?

I just went outside to check on the yellow raspberry leaves, and thought I'd
take the opportunity to turn my compost pile, as I haven't done it for a
month.
My god does it smell! Its like following someone in to the loo, after
they've drunk 10 pints best bitter then had a vindaloo!
Its coming on quite nicely, not to wet, not to dry, a good mix of grass
clippings, rotten fruit and veg, tea bags, and old ground coffee beans. Its
obviously working, as its rotting and smelling pretty bad.
But I was wondering if the plastic dustbin is ok to use, should I make any
holes in the bin to allow more air to circulate? It has a hole in the lid,
but that was from the dog chewing it!

Ben