Old 13-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default A few questions

"Jutta Haas" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
First of all I need some info on clematis. A friend told me that I can
propagate clematis by taking a branch and sticking it in water, and from

the
nodes little roots will come. Well, after 5 months of sitting in a vase,
nothing has happened. I think that maybe this method doesn't work. Does
someone know if it's true or if there is another method to propagate
clematis.

I've never tried to propogate clematis, but if I did, I'd use rooting
hormone powder (Rootone is one brand), and place them in a sterile potting
mix, either indoors or in deep shade, in a spot where they don't get
drenched with rain.

Lastly, am I correct in stating that there is a catnip plant and a catmint
plant, both different plants?

Same plant, different names.