Old 13-07-2004, 04:09 PM
John S. Colton

Default getting good deals on riding lawn mowers

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:51:50 GMT, Srgnt Bilko wrote:

[snip]
Sounds like good advice to me. I've bought a bunch of used mowers and even
though I service my own and have experience I still will only go bargain
price with a stranger and never top dollar, even from a "friend". And, BTW,
I've still gotten burned a time or two anyway. I would figure on spending
another hundred for fix-up after I got it - ya know, maybe a bearing, tie
rod end, belts, tire (slow leak), battery, blades, fuel filter, general tune
up, or whatever. But I would rather take a chance buying from a widow -
better chance that the reason to sell is not because the machine has a
problem.

There is a general guideline (not sure off the top) but something like -
mass market machines lose 1/2 thier value in 3 years and the better ones
take a few years longer.

Thanks for the comments.

Anyone know about my first question-- do places that sell mowers
discount their prices at the end of the season?

John

*****
John's newsgroup motto:
"A soft answer turneth away wrath:
but grievous words stir up anger." --Prov. 15:1
*****