Old 13-07-2004, 06:06 PM
RoyDMercer

Default Lantanas have gone south

"Mr. Clean" wrote in message
Of course with the rain we've been getting, I did not turn on my
sprinkler system but I do not think it is the cause of the problems
I'm experiencing wih my lantana.

Here are photos:
http://66.45.227.243/~austin1/lantana.html

I know the quality isn't all that great, they come from a JVC Digital
Video recorder.

Someone please tell me what is going on, I lease this home and
do not want to have to replace the entire bed, although from the
size, I'd love to cut them back. BTW, how do you do that anyway?

The early spring is the best time to prune them back. Do this by removing
dead wood and removing many of the shoots all the way to the ground. Leave
some of the strong, vigorous shoots alone. Basically what you want is for
it to reach it's natural height without becoming too bushy. Now is not the
greatest time to prune, but you might want to prune back the shoots which
aren't doing so well to allow the rest of the plant to recover. It's always
a good idea to remove dead growth at any time.

I would suspect either over fertilization or insects which are attacking the
plant's roots.