Old 13-07-2004, 06:09 PM

Default watering advice

wrote:

This garden usually gets watered every other day by automated drip
irrigation. But in this heat I've been making sure to water every day by
hose and wondering if I should add even a second daily watering. Some

I am NO expert on this (nor on anything, when you get right
down to it), but my own belief would be that if the owner set
up a drip system, that's probably all it really needs. Especially
if that yard got the same kind of soaking mine did last night. :-)

I've watered a few (but not all!) of my vegetables in the garden,
a few days when it's been terribly hot and we haven't had much
rain, but most of them have been doing OK without water. I don't
water the trees or grass at all, and they all seem fine with just
the free water from the sky. FWIW. YMMV. :-)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see?
www.duke.edu/~kuzen001