Old 14-07-2004, 02:02 AM
GrampysGurl

Default Tiny, Nonflowering Dahlias

All suggestions for what to do next year are greatly appreciated. I want
dahlia blooms!

-- Jenny

When did you start them? Mine are about the same size but I started them later
then usual and have just begun to bloom.... I would let them grow, mine get a
fair bit of shade and still bloom wonderfully. I am not sure where you are
located but here we dig them up in the winter and plant in the spring.... they
can be started indoors a little earlier if you put them in pots. Other then the
digging up and replanting every year these are very easy wonderful flowers to
grow. Dead head, dead head, dead head once it does start to bloom to keep a
good continual bloom on the plant.. they bloom right through to the first hard
frost. Can you tell they are one of my favorites???? I discovered them totally
by accident.
Colleen
Zone 5 CT