Old 14-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Donald Guzzetta

Default Need help with possible lanscaping

It sounds like you might want to consider using a ground cover like
packasandra or crownvetch or something like it. it provides a nice carpet of
plantings and it fairly maintenance free once established. It also helps to
keep the soil from erosion with such a steep angle. I assume you dont plan
to navigate this slope being its so steep?

"jbrianchamberlin" wrote in message

Our house sits on a hill and the side of it is a slope. almost 45
degrees. The people who lived here before us had some mulch there and
a crappy rock wall made of just stones they found in the yard. We're
cleaning it up but the problem is, what to replace it with? We planted
some hedges and what not along the side and I built a retaining wall
at the bottom. But if we use either mulch or stone, there has to be
something dividing it from the grass. I've checked Home Depot and
places like that but all they have are edgers and those kinds of
things. Because of the grade, the angle would look funny with a
squared off rock. Any suggestions?