Old 14-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Mary

Default Replace soil below a growing plant

"NoPatience" wrote in message
I have couple of Clematis plants. I planted them three years ago on a
mound.
I think the soil is very hard below and the mound is always dry.
Can I dig below and remove the soil and drop the plant to ground level? Is
there any other way to replace that soil below without yanking the plant?

I think that you will damage the roots using the procedure that you
describe, do a web search (google) for Clematis and you will probably find
more information that you ever thought existed on that plant.

Mary