Old 14-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Rod

Default Heavily-scented Lathyrus

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:03:23 GMT, "Melanie"
wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations for a very fragrant lathyrus. I'm
disappointed with the faint scent of the sweet peas I've grown this year,
and I want something that will knock me out at 10 paces. Preferably pastel
colours, but the strongest, sweetest, headiest fragrance is what I want.

Thanks.

What you want is the old 'Eckford' varieties, my assistant here's been
growing them for us this last two seasons - not quite as big and showy
as the modern ones but the scent is out of this world. You buy them
from the society, I think you need to join the society but then the
seeds only cost about 50p a packet iirc.
http://www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk/sweet-pea/
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.