Old 13-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Melanie

Default Heavily-scented Lathyrus

I'm looking for recommendations for a very fragrant lathyrus. I'm
disappointed with the faint scent of the sweet peas I've grown this year,
and I want something that will knock me out at 10 paces. Preferably pastel
colours, but the strongest, sweetest, headiest fragrance is what I want.

Thanks.

Old 14-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Rod

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:03:23 GMT, "Melanie"
wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations for a very fragrant lathyrus. I'm
disappointed with the faint scent of the sweet peas I've grown this year,
and I want something that will knock me out at 10 paces. Preferably pastel
colours, but the strongest, sweetest, headiest fragrance is what I want.

Thanks.

What you want is the old 'Eckford' varieties, my assistant here's been
growing them for us this last two seasons - not quite as big and showy
as the modern ones but the scent is out of this world. You buy them
from the society, I think you need to join the society but then the
seeds only cost about 50p a packet iirc.
http://www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk/sweet-pea/
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 14-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Melanie
writes
I'm looking for recommendations for a very fragrant lathyrus. I'm
disappointed with the faint scent of the sweet peas I've grown this year,
and I want something that will knock me out at 10 paces. Preferably pastel
colours, but the strongest, sweetest, headiest fragrance is what I want.

I know it's not pastel coloured but L Matucana has a wonderful scent.
You can also collect the seeds each year and never have to buy them
again )
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 15-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Lazarus Cooke

In article , Jane Ransom
wrote:

I know it's not pastel coloured but L Matucana has a wonderful scent.
You can also collect the seeds each year and never have to buy them
again )

It's also, I think, the mummy of them all.

Remover the rock from the email address
Old 16-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Rod

wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations for a very fragrant lathyrus. I'm
disappointed with the faint scent of the sweet peas I've grown this year,
and I want something that will knock me out at 10 paces. Preferably pastel
colours, but the strongest, sweetest, headiest fragrance is what I want.

Thanks.

What you want is the old 'Eckford' varieties, my assistant here's been
growing them for us this last two seasons - not quite as big and showy
as the modern ones but the scent is out of this world. You buy them
from the society, I think you need to join the society but then the
seeds only cost about 50p a packet iirc.
http://www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk/sweet-pea/
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

Lemon-scented something - lemon-scented.jpg Ann Garden Photos 5 07-08-2007 06:09 PM
Lathyrus matucana Sacha United Kingdom 8 19-07-2007 06:29 PM
Maximum floral pong (was Heavily-scented Lathyrus) Steve Harris United Kingdom 41 22-07-2004 05:32 PM
What is medium, moderate and heavily Planted tank? LeighMo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:08 AM
Lathyrus - Sweetpeas Natalie United Kingdom 3 20-10-2002 10:08 PM