Old 14-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Anna Kettle

Default Yellowing Leaves On Raspberry Bush

We did buy a big tub of the little white pelleted growmore from homebase and
spread someover, that was end april/start may time I think.
Even so, this doesn't explain the problem with the raspberry bush. I'm sure
its fed enough, maybe a little too much. Could it be overwatering, due to
all the rain we've had, Our soil is like solid clay, we've added compost and
stuff but it still gets water logged when it rains to much. Or could it
possibly be a virus/fungus?

I think that you are feeding it too much. I fed my raspberry bushes
blood fish and bone in the spring and Miracle Gro once at the middle
of summer. This has produced healthy plants and a bumper crop.

The flavour wasn't up to much so I am wondering if I should try again
next year feeding with the contents of my compost heap or whether to
buy new plants

Whether overfeeding could cause the problems with your raspberry bush
I have no idea

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Plaster conservation and lime plaster repair
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642