Old 14-07-2004, 12:29 PM
sarah

Default Compost?

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

[-]

Brandlings/tigerworms from a bait shop (or farm/stables muck-heap) are
a brilliant addition to cooled compost heaps, but they are temperature
sensitive, so add them to a heap after it is completely full of
**cooled-down** material where decomposition is well under way.

Those living in my black plastic compost bin migrate up and down in the
compost according to the temperature of the working layer: if I've just
added grass and sawdust, they head down into the finished compost at the
bottom of the bin, moving back up to feed on kitchen refuse after the
grass has cooled.

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.