Old 14-07-2004, 01:07 PM
RichToyBox

Default Pump recommendation

Distance, volume and pipe diameter are the three factors that go into
calculating the dynamic head. For my smaller pond, I just installed an
Aquadyne filter, vortex separator, and sequence pump. The distance to the
pump and filter is about 40 feet to the shed and 50 feet back to the upper
end of the pond, making a run of about 100+ feet counting elbows, etc. I
have good flow using 2 inch pipe, but would probably have better with 3 inch
pipe. The smaller the pipe, the more friction, or head, so the amount of
water pumped drops.
--
RichToyBox
"Paul" wrote in message
Is there any limitations/distances on how far a pump can pump the water
'from' the pond to the UV and then back to the pond?

"Rick" wrote in message
om...
Hi paul, we have a wonderful pump, the tiny might. Although it is rated
at 1180 gph, it is only 0.8 amps, which is much lower than any
submersible. You can safely restrict the flow on the discharge side to
the flow you need. This will also cut down on the electrical usage.

You can find this pump at www.koirific.com

I think they are only $125.00

Paul wrote:

I need a pump that can pump water from my small pond (about 100gal)

over
distance or approx 5 metres to a UV clarifyer. The pond is a garden

feature
pond built raised above the ground (about 2ft high) the pump will be
situated about 5 metres away at ground level and the hose will be

routed
the pond from the pump at ground level and then up and over the small

2ft
wall into the pond.

The UV clarifyer which will be situated neat the pump requires a flow

rate
up to a max of 250gal per hour.

Can anyone recommend a suitable pump to pump water reliably over this
distance (5 metres) with a flow rate not to exceed the UV max rate of

250gal
per hour?

Hope this all makes sense.