Old 14-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Anton Nijhuis

Default [IBC] experience with Mountain Hemlock?

In their natural sub-alpine environment, Mt Hemlock thrive in full sun
and do not do well as an under story tree. This year is unusually hot
and dry with higher than normal temperatures. Some needle scorching
occurred on a couple of my trees but as a trade off for growing in full
sun they are now budding out a second time. However full sun under shade
cloth is a much wiser solution with filtered light being preferred over
shade.

Take care
Anton