Old 14-07-2004, 02:03 PM
T-Cat

Default Veggie filter musings

Sounds like a lot of work. My veggie filter is just another pond. See
http://www.kittycentral.net/pond/Pon...une23_8_lg.jpg - that's the
veggie filter. It lets out (via stream) into this other pond -
http://www.kittycentral.net/pond/Str...werPond_lg.JPG - which has the
fish.

Veggie filters needn't be ugly.

"Lostin1999" sez:
for those that haven't seen it.. here's a few pics of me pond (as it
stands)

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...=/8a86&.src=ph

now having read on here of Veggie filters etc ive been having an idea...

along the back of the pond (where the fence is) I want to build a water
feature...

I also want a veggie filter..

so ive been toying with getting some galvanised planters (set of 5 matching
but getting smaller each time
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4309782118) and
setting them up in series.. the first as a settling tank, second and 3rd as
veggie filters and then 4 (poss veggie) or 5 angled to return the water to
the pond.. so I get a sort of fountain and large increase in surface
area... (number of pots depends on how many fit across the back)

anyone see any major flaws with my plan?? please speak now or forever be
asked for help as it all goes horrendously pearshaped??

Lost