Old 14-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Ninip

Default flowerbed mulching help pls

Hi all
I am new to this gardening thing.
I have a empty dirt flower bed in front of my house beside the front steps.
I am going to plant a few annuals , a few perennials, and a few shrubs.
I want to use the wood nuggets and black fabric. don't want to be weeding
all the time.
Question is.............Do I just lay fabric down and dump and spread mulch
around? I cut fabric out for the plants. But was wondering how plantings
can get water when mulch is covering the fabric. These are the big wood
nuggets. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't want this to
fail on me. Time and effort and money is too much.
Thanks in advance. Will eagerly await your replies.