Old 14-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Bill R

Default Tiny, Nonflowering Dahlias

starlord wrote:
Dahilas bloom in the fall if planted right. Look for blooms by Sept.

I don't know where you are but here, in the mid-west area of
the U. S., Dahlias can be planted in the ground in late
March and, depending on the variety, usually start blooming
in late June. The larger (often called dinnerplate
varieties) usually start blooming in July (sometimes early
August if they were planted latter). In my area Dahlias
usually bloom their "best" in early fall after the weather
cools down. The problem is that sometimes we have an early
frost and, of course, that is the end of the Dahlias. That
is why I like to start them early (inside) so we have more
time to enjoy them.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850