Old 14-07-2004, 07:03 PM
zookeeper

Default Pickeral Rush

Too few blossoms and green, "growing well" plants usually means too much
fertilizer, or at least too much nitrogen in the fertilizer. Our pickeral
are never fertilized, potted in river rock or lava, bloom profusely, always
"jump pot" and try to take over the pond. They're about 3-4 feet tall now
with blooms 4-6 inches long. The koi are pretty good about keeping them
rounded up, breaking off the portions that creep out of the pot or pushing
the pot to the bottom of the pond. I rarely repot the pickeral unless I'm
dividing some to give away.
--
Zk
Oregon, USDA Zone 7

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
I have 2 Pickeral Rush in my pond. They seem to be growing well but have
virtually no flowers .... The could be root bound ... It could be a
nutritional problem. I have been fertilizing monthly but perhaps my
fertilizer is not very potent ..