Old 14-07-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Deer Resistant Roses

of course, if you are misfortunate enough to live in an area of the country
where there are rose chafer (beetles) and japanese beetles which, in a
one-day onslaught, can munch their way through a 6 foot high Rosa rugosa,
both flowers AND leaves, then you'll know...there's not much left for deer
to munch on.

if you plant certain items which the deer prefer MORE than YOUR favourite
roses, there's a much slighter chance of them eating the roses. other plant
suggestions (and, most of these are fully to semi-wild in the eastern sector
of america/canada):

Filipendula; Verbascum; Solidago; Pulmonaria; Sambucus; Martagon lily; etc.
i apologise for not knowing the common name...but then again, it wouldn't
matter since common names can be different from state to state, etc.

lastly...do remember the deer were living there before your house was built,
no matter how long ago that might have been....don't you think it's their
right to eat whatever is in their path? I DO!

From: "Al"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 14:05:53 GMT
Subject: Deer Resistant Roses

I am look for Deer Resistant roses to plant in my garden.

So far I have a Harrison's Yellow rose and Rosa Rogusta. The dear do not
mess with these . Because they are very thorny. What are some other Roses I
can get.

Thanks

Albert