Old 14-07-2004, 11:03 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default first post ...baby fish

Good questions, I've seen tiny shubunkins that have color, but I can't say
if right out of the egg they were colored, or all white or all black.

Now my koi fry hatch out all white, and start getting noticable colors at
about 1/2 inch.

My question is, does a black koi start out white and turn black or does it
hatch black and stay black? ~ jan

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:08:46 -0600, "CRC" wrote:

Are shubunkins black when young or are they colored??? I am hoping I have
baby shubunkins but who can tell when they dart around so fast your lucky if
you just got a glimpse?

Thanks for all of your help...A pond is always a work in progress.
Connie