Old 15-07-2004, 03:13 AM
John Owens

Default Odd Cloudy Water Question/Problem

I had a similar problem with my 55 gallon tank. I used a chemical called
"Algae Fix" it's for planted tanks. It had the water CRYSTAL clear in
about 4 hours. The problem never came back. It wasn't a bacterial bloom
it was some sort of freakish algae bloom.

"Chris Oinonen Ehren" wrote in message
For the record, I use laterite and have no clear water problems. I had

some
red/muddy looking water for the first day, but it settled down quickly.
Since then the tank has been chugging along fine. It is heavily planted

and
populated, with an ogf and two powerheads (55 gallon) and a population of
maylasian mud snails.

--
Chris