Old 15-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Pat and Ash

Default CATS!!

Andy wrote:

I have a question about gardening and roses. I ahve a particular
problem with cats messing up my expensive roses. Does anyone know
what I can do to keep the cats away. I have tied everything, but I do
not want to hurt the cats.
Thank you

Cut lengths of bamboo pole (the thin ones) at a 45 degree angle, and
stick them in the soil at about 3" intervals and 6" sticking out of the
ground. That helps to prevent cats (and raccoons, my favorite pest) from
getting too close to things, resting under plants, or defecating (since
cats want to go into a squat position, the stakes need to be high enough
and frequent enough to prevent the behavior).
....pat.

--
Pat and Ash

http://www3.sympatico.ca/patash/