Old 15-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Nick Gray

Default Mountfield v Honda lawnmowers

"atwifa" wrote in message
As Atwifa said, if you can afford it go for a Hayter - it's what most of
the
professionals use. Although I'm not sure what he meant about not having
seen
a Mountfield with a metal deck - I've not seen one that doesn't have a
steel
deck.

sorry: was going on an empirical experience of precisely one machine ...
and assumed thereafter that all mountfields were plastic-decked. this is
obviously not the case.

would like to use the aussie machine mentioned by later poster ... a
two-stroke motor with *torque* - now there's a prospect ;-)

Yeah the Oz machine sounds good. My brother is living in Australia now so
maybe he can post me one :-). Actually his name is Steve - it's not you is
it Bro?

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk