Old 15-07-2004, 01:33 PM
sarah

Default blackfly

wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:32:11 +0100, (sarah)
wrote:

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote:

[-]

I managed to get a tub of generic soft soap from the local chemists -
they had to order it in though (I was surprised when I went there in
the morning, ordered it, and received a phone call in the afternoon of
the same day to say that it had arrived!)

Not particularly cheap at about £5 for a 500g tub, but it does last for
ages.

It was very, very effective against the blackfly on the broad beans,
and this year since the population was knocked back they haven't
returned (so far...).

I might try that first; the only place I'd found it was online at Chase
Organics at something like UKP14 per litre. Which seemed a trifle steep.

You could flood the garden/fill the water feature with Fairy liquid
for that.

Slightly less Ecover, though :-)

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.