Old 15-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Jay Chan

Default What Will Climber Do in Nature?

How about naming the specific plants to which you allude?

Actually, I am not asking for any specific plant; I am just asking
this in general. Having said that, I have a climbing rose in my garden
that has pinky red flowers in early summer that I need to tie its
branches to a vertical support; otherwise, its branches will go
horizontally. I don't know if the branches will go down and crawl on
the ground or not because I always prune them or tie them before they
go that far.

Most garden cultivars will not persist in the wild. The garden is their
"natural" environment.

Do you mean a climber is probably something that people developed
through the years in a man-made environment and only mean to live in a
garden and not in nature?

Thanks in advance for any info. I am curious.

Jay Chan