Old 15-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Kay

Default When to harvest Asparagus Peas?

In article , Victoria
Clare writes
My Asparagus peas (google says Tetragonolobus purpureus or Lotus
tetragonolobus: I have no idea) have been flowering well and have produced
a number of pods.

I've never grown them before. How big should the pods be before
harvesting?

Not more than about an inch long - they get tough.

Any recipe recommendations, or just butter like asparagus?

Like asparagus.

They taste nice, and the flowers are pretty (red with a black spot), but
the pods are small and fiddly to harvest. It takes an awful lot to get a
meal. I don't think I'd grow it again for food, but see what you think.
--
Kay