Old 16-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Rick

Default High Ph

Dave, KH is a function of pH. Nothing wrong with either. Do not try to
fight the ph. It is a losing battle. I personally keep my KH greater
than 120 ppm. This promises a ph of 8.3 or 8.4. Almost no need to test.
I don't anymore. I only adjust my KH with 12 lb bags of baking soda.

DavesVideo wrote:

I'm still working on my pond and trying to stop all the leaks in the falls
and finally got around to buying a test strip kit. The water right out of the
tap has a high Ph. 8.4 is the highest it registers so that is what I have or
maybe higher. Is dumping a lot of "Ph Down" the answer? And just what is that
stuff, citric acid or something like that?

One other question, the test strip also tests for alkalinity which of
course is high. But what is the difference, if th Ph is high, of course it is
going to be alkaline, isn't that correct?

At least it is from a well and there is zero chlorine.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave