Old 16-07-2004, 03:14 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Yellow Tomato Leaves

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..

In the absence of disease, sounds to me like a mineral deficiency (from

what
I've been told). Trouble is, at the moment I can't remember which one!

(I
_think_ it's magnesium - I'll refer to this magical ingredient as XXX
below...).

Yellow patches are typical of magnesium deficiency and you need to choose
your tomato food with care because some of the Discount Shed own-brand swill
doesn't include it. But your pictures are of something far more extreme. But
have you overcrowded the plants?

We only ever plant two tumblers to a basket - if you overcrowd them all you
do is reduce the size of the crop. We normally add Westons granular feed to
the compost, which gets the two plants in each basket going like Jack's
beanstalks! We still feed every other day with Tomorite. This year the crops
have been so heavy that we have had to take the baskets down from the
greenhouse ridges and put them on column stands. (Just finished enjoying
tea - free range egg omelettes with tumblers straight from the greenhouse
along with Marshalls experimental lettuce and home-grown beet. Scrummy!)