Old 16-07-2004, 05:03 AM
jo

Default What kind of life can a 50 gal pond support?

Sean Dinh wrote:
Characteristics of TT:

bio filtration - good.
aeration - good.
mechanical filtration - poor

TT does not excell in any single characteristic of a great filter. However,
the combination of 1st and 2nd characteristics is quite good for a simple
filter. Further enhancement is possible by the addition of a swirling
separator. This would require a taller bucket, or the use of 2 buckets.

Thanks for the explanations. I kept cichlids some years back in a 60
gal tank, but keeping fish outdoors presents entirely new challenges. I
never did have much luck with the open cell foam filters and that's what
I've got with my pond set up. (I used a Bio Wheel with the cichlids,
kind of a paper paddle wheel type filter with great results) Interesting
to see what works for others with the various set ups.
jo